Rhode Island residents with a Department of Veteran’s Affairs service-related disability may be eligible for a waiver of tuition. All other required fees are the responsibility of the student and should be submitted with the waiver forms.
- Recently-dated evidence of Veteran status with a minimum 10 percent disability must be submitted
- Veteran must be a permanent resident of Rhode Island
- Veterans must apply for and use financial aid first via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before submitting a waiver. The FAFSA, and any verification documentation requested by Enrollment Services, will be used to determine financial aid eligibility. Scholarship and grant funds received will be used to defray the cost of tuition and will reduce the amount of the waiver award.
Online Disabled American Veterans (DAV) Waiver Process
- Complete your FAFSA application.
- Complete the Fillable DAV Waiver application form below. You will be able to upload supporting documents within the form itself.
If you are not eligible for the full percentage offered by the GI Bill® and you are eligible for the DAV waiver, you may use both to cover the cost of tuition. Please be aware that any financial aid received will be used first, before the DAV Waiver is aided towards your tuition.