Military Transcripts

When you convert your military experience into civilian college credit, you can sometimes save time and money on your education. The Joint Services Transcript provides documented evidence to URI of professional military education, training and occupation experiences achieved by service members and Veterans. 

Academic credit for training completed while in service

The Joint Service Transcript (JST) is a uniform transcript of all military training and experience for service members of the Navy, Marine Corps and Army. The Air Force has its own regionally accredited transcript known as that Community College of the Air Force. This new electronic transcript service includes Officer and Warrant Officer training, joint military training conducted by other services, and DANTES funded test scores.

Let’s walk through the process!

Step One: Requesting official military transcripts:

Requests for your official transcripts can be sent to:


University of Rhode Island
Office of Admission
Newman Hall
14 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881           

Official electronic transcripts should be sent to

Step Two: Notify URI of which college you are admitted

  • Both JST and CCAF credit is eligible to be used as transfer credit.
  • Contact the URI Transfer Resource Center:
    • Please include your URI Student ID and which college you would like your military transcripts to go to. 
    • This must be the college to which you are admitted. 

Transfer of military credit

Credit is awarded for Basic Training (4 – 8 credits for most branches). Additional credit allowance may be granted by the student’s dean in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education (ACE) when appropriate to the student’s curriculum.


Questions about Military transcripts can be sent to John Rooney