VOLUNTEERS are always needed to start groups and clubs! PLEASE CONSIDER VOLUNTEERING OR STARTING A CLUB!
- It’s very personally rewarding to know that you contributed to a youths success!
- Training sessions are held through the year to help you become acclimated to the programs and how to teach.
- All volunteers must complete the volunteer application process to work with 4-H youth, for the safety of youth and volunteers.
- Volunteers receive year end awards and are invited to the annual 4-H banquet.
- Starting your own club or group allows you the freedom to volunteer at times convenient to you and you help the youth choose projects that you are confident in teaching.
To become a URI 4-H Volunteer you must complete the following steps:
- Enroll in the 4-H Online system as an adult using the Guide to enrolling in 4H Online as a Volunteer.
- Sign and Submit
- URI Volunteer Signature pages and URI Permission to do a Background Check
- and a copy of your current completed RI Attorney General’s BCI
- OR you can submit the notarized request for a BCI from State Attorney General (it must be notarized and accompanied by a copy of front and back of a state ID). One of the 4-H staff is a notary and you can schedule with her to get the form notarized and the copy of your license made.
- Complete the short Online Volunteer Training (less than 10 minutes) that demonstrates and provides a time stamped record of your proficient knowledge of major 4-H policies.