If you are a student in the Industrial and Systems Engineering undergraduate program at URI, you have the opportunity to participate in a program that allows you to complement your engineering degree with the business skills needed in the workplace. The 4+1 program gives you a competitive advantage in job placement and advancement into management positions. There are no business course prerequisites to the MBA program.
OPTION 1: BS in ISE followed by the One-Year MBA
To complete the MBA in one year, you apply during your senior year to the One-Year MBA in Strategic Innovation. Held at URI’s Providence Feinstein campus, the program begins each fall semester with a cohort group of 25 students.
The One-Year MBA promotes:
- cross-functional learning modules emphasizing critical thinking and decision making.
- experiential learning opportunities through project based learning teams, consulting projects, internships.
- an Innovative curriculum.
- a dedicated team of faculty for the entire program.
- See One-Year MBA requirements
OPTION 2: BS in ISE followed by the Evening MBA
If you have completed your BS degree and are working full time, you would choose Option 2, the part-time Evening MBA program held at URI’s Feinstein Providence Campus. Classes meet one night per week from 6-8:45 p.m.
In Option 2, you are allowed to apply in the second semester of your junior year, and in your senior year enroll in an Evening MBA class such as MBA 530, which you can use as a professional elective in the ISE program. Please note that it will take longer than a year to complete this program if you are enrolled on a part-time basis.
- Completion of the online MBA application
- Statement of purpose (essay)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Resume (full-time work experience is not required)
- $65 application fee
- GMAT or GRE test is required.
- Residency form is not required for RI state residents if you pursue the MBA immediately after graduation.
One-Year MBA in Strategic Innovation
- Apply during senior year with preferred application deadline of April 15; final deadline June 30.
- Apply during the second semester of your junior year if you wish to take Evening MBA classes your senior year. Application deadline is October 31.
- If you don’t want to take MBA classes during your senior year, the following application deadlines apply: June 30 for Fall admission; October 31 for Spring admission; March 31 for Summer admission.
If you would like to learn more about the BS in Industrial and Systems Engineering/MBA program, please contact MBA Program Coordinator Lisa Lancellotta at email@example.com or 401.874.4241.