The University of Rhode Island Evening MBA Program, located at URI’s downtown Providence campus, prepares you for careers as effective leaders and managers. The program is designed to emphasize the conceptual, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills necessary for leadership in business.
Health Care Management
The Evening MBA Program offers six health care management courses as part of the existing MBA degree, providing health care professionals business skills in organizational leadership, financial planning and budgeting, information technology, and supply chain activities applied in a healthcare context.
The Evening MBA program offers specializations in finance, management, marketing, supply chain management, and general business, in addition to the new healthcare management focus.
Material for this non-thesis MBA program is presented through lectures, discussions, case studies, and both individual and group projects. The MBA program does not require previous instruction in business administration.
Program of Study
The Evening MBA Program consists of 15 three-credit courses for a total of 45 credits. Depending upon your undergraduate coursework, the dates you completed your courses, and the you grades received, you may waive courses for a minimum of 36 credits.
Evening MBA classes meet one night per week at URI’s Feinstein Providence Campus, Mon.-Thurs., 6-8:45 p.m., 6:30–9:15 p.m., or 7-9:45 p.m. Free parking is available at the Providence Convention Center Parking Garage. Evening courses are periodically available in Kingston, as are some intensive weekend electives, Saturday courses, and distance learning courses. Classes are offered fall semester (Sept.-Dec.), spring semester (Jan.-May), and in two summer sessions (May-June and June-July) in which classes meet twice a week for five weeks from 6-9:45 p.m.
Courses and Special Programs
- Fall 2016
MBA Course Schedule: Fall 2016 (PDF)
- Spring 2017
MBA Course Schedule: Spring 2017 (PDF)
- Summer 2017
MBA Course Schedule: Summer 2017 (PDF)
Application for Admission
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any major, from any accredited college or university may apply for admission to the Master of Business Administration Program. Learn more about the MBA application process.
If you have not yet applied to the program and wish to begin studies right away, you may take up to 12 credits before becoming a matriculated student. Courses are limited to the following 500-level courses: MBA 500, MBA 502, and ECN 590. (In special cases, MBA 503, MBA 505 and MBA 530 are opened up to those who will waive out of these 500-level courses.) To register, complete a Non-Degree Student Application Form and submit it to Enrollment Services. You will then be eligible to register online through the E-Campus system online. Taking these courses does not guarantee acceptance into the MBA program.
Students registered for less than 9 credits per semester are charged the following Part-Time Tuition in 2016/2017:
- In-state residents (living in RI for one year): $655/credit
- Out-of-state residents: $1,345/credit
- Providence Metro residents: $983/credit. This rate applies to Evening MBA students whose permanent residence is a Massachusetts community within a 20-mile radius of Providence: Attleboro, Bellingham, Blackstone, Dighton, Douglas, Fall River, Millville, Norfolk, North Attleboro, Norton, Plainville, Rehoboth, Seekonk, Somerset, Swansea, Uxbridge, and Westport. Please note: Providence Metro status is only for matriculated students taking courses at night in Providence and does not include Kingston evening classes. Kingston classes will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate. Non-matriculated students cannot qualify for regional rates.
- All Veterans: RI Board of Governor’s Announces in-state tuition program for Veterans. See http://www.uri.edu/gsadmis/RIresidency.html for details.
- Additional Fees: Vary per location. See Enrollment Services website for details.
- Registration: To register for classes, login to e-Campus.
Special Tuition Waivers
Unemployment, Senior Citizen, Disabled Veteran and RI National Guard Tuition Waivers are available for eligible Rhode Island residents. See waiver eligibility details or call 401.874.9500.
Financial Assistance is available to Evening MBA students through several sources:
- Tuition payment plans are available.
- Low interest, government guaranteed loans through the William D. Ford Direct Student Loan Program. Address financial aid process inquiries to: Student Financial Aid Office , Green Hall , Kingston, RI 02881, or call 401.874.2314.
- For international students and U.S. citizens who do not qualify for the William D. Ford Loan, private loans are available through MBALOANS run by the Graduate Management Admission Council. Call 888.440.4622 and speak with a customer representative to initiate a loan application for either the Tuition Loan Program (TLP) or the Executive MBA Loan Program (EMBA).
For more information about the University of Rhode Island Evening MBA Program, please contact Lisa Lancellotta at email@example.com or 401.874.4241.