Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any major, from any accredited college or university may apply for admission to the Master of Business Administration Program.
To apply, complete the online application at the URI Graduate Applications website. You are able to complete the statement of purpose, address information, pay the application fee, and ask your referees to submit their letters of recommendation online. You will be asked to upload your resume and copy of your transcripts. All official transcripts (mailed directly from your University/College) and the RI residency form (if requesting in-state or Providence Metro residency) will need to be sent as hard copies to the URI Graduate Admissions Office, Quinn Hall, 55 Lower College Road, Kingston, RI 02881.
- See our Step-by-Step Guide to Applying Online for the MBA programs.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis, meaning once the application is complete, the admission committee will review your materials.
- The preferred deadline for the One-Year MBA Program is February 15 for international candidates and April 15 for US residents. The final deadline is June 30.
- Fall deadline (September start):
- Spring deadline (January start):
- Summer deadline (May start):
The application includes submission of the following items:
- Brief statement of purpose (online)
- $65 Non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation (online entering name/email addresses)
- Current resume (upload)
- Official college transcript(s) from a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution in the United States OR the equivalent of a four-year degree at an international university. (upload)
- * Official score report for the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or GRE taken within the last five years. Please note: Prospective students should take the GMAT or GRE at least two weeks prior to the application deadline. The GMAT, in Rhode Island, is offered at Pearson Professional Centers in Warwick. The codes for GMAT are: B3Q-KT-48 for the One Year MBA Program, and B3Q-KT-29 for the Providence Evening MBA Program. The GRE, in Rhode Island, is offered at Prometric Test Center in Warwick. The code for the College of Business is #5955.
- GMAT/GRE Waivers: The GMAT/GRE requirement will be waived for candidates who meet one of the following criteria: (1) Hold a masters or PhD degree from an accredited institution; (2) are currently licensed as a Certified Public Accountant; (3) are currently licensed as a Certified Financial Planner; or (4) are a URI Business or Health Studies student/alum with a 3.60+ GPA.
- Residency Application or Certificate of Residency for in-state or qualified regional students. Applicants who have lived in Rhode Island for one year, as well as all Veterans, are considered in- state residents.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (taken within the last two years) are required for all international students who completed their bachelor’s degree from a non-English speaking foreign University. A minimum score of 91 for TOEFL under the new IBT-Internet Based Test or 575 under the paper based testing, and minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS is required. The URI Designated Institution Code for TOEFL is 3919.
* These changes will be updated in the 2016/2017 Graduate School catalog.
GMAT Fee Waiver Award
The URI College of Business Administration, through the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), offers 10 GMAT fee waiver scholarships a year for applicants applying to the One-Year MBA, Evening MBA. MS Accounting, or MS Finance programs. The waiver code will allow you to take the GMAT for free. Criteria for awarding a GMAT Fee Waiver:
- Applicants must have completed the MBA/MSA/MSF application (other than the GMAT score)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Completion of the GMAT Fee Waiver Award Form, emailed to email@example.com.
For more information about admission to the University of Rhode Island MBA programs, please contact Lisa Lancellotta at firstname.lastname@example.org.