In today’s innovation-based economy, businesses expect you to be prepared with critical thinking and problem solving skills along with the practical knowledge and experience to use these skills. Our One-Year MBA Program in Strategic Innovation delivers a curriculum and environment designed to develop leaders to meet these requirements.
The One-Year MBA program, based out of the URI Feinstein Providence Campus, immerses you in live business environments to analyze problems and provide hands-on learning opportunities with real clients to deliver creative solutions. Innovation, continuous improvement, and performance are some of the focused topics for our program. Integral to the program is a business innovation environment—a learning environment that fosters knowledge acquisition, retention, and practical learning.
- Overview: One-Year MBA in Strategic Innovation (PDF)
- Detailed Description: One Year MBA in Strategic Innovation (PDF)
The Fall Semester begins with a four-week review of Business Foundations, allowing students to have common knowledge in the basics of business (economics, statistics, accounting, finance, marketing, management, information technology, and supply chain management). A series of two-credit classes follow the Foundations, running in two-week increments. These courses do not overlap, but rather build upon the knowledge covered in the prior course. A one-credit course in Professional Writing, Speaking, and Presenting meets on alternating Fridays throughout the semester.
- MBA 517 Business Foundations 1 and MBA 518 Business Foundations 2 (Weeks 1-4)
- MBA 519 Customer and Project Analysis (Weeks 5 & 6)
- MBA 520 Objectives and Metrics (Weeks 7 & 8)
- MBA 521 Situation Analysis & Solution Development (Weeks 9 & 10)
- MBA 522 Business Improvement & Sustainability (Weeks 11 & 12)
- MBA 523 Risk Assessment, Change, and Control (Weeks 13 & 14)
- MBA 516 Professional Writing, Speaking, and Presenting (one day per week on alternate weeks throughout the semester)
The following courses run concurrently throughout the semester with the Captstone courses MBA 525 and 526 running without overlap in the final five weeks of the semester.
- MBA 524 Innovation Process & Performance
- MBA 525 Business Innovation Capstone Project—or—MBA 526 Product Innovation Capstone Project
- MBA 527 Contracts & Intellectual Property
- MBA 528 Innovation Enterprises & IT
- MBA 529 Career Planning
Summer Semester (May through June)
Students can register for 9 credits of internship, electives with the Evening MBA students, or directed study work. Our College of Business Administration Internship Coordinator will work with you to develop and uncover internship opportunities around the world.
This creative learning environment of the One-Year MBA program is enhanced by the small cohort of dedicated faculty that deliver an integrated program to an average class size of 25 students. The One-Year MBA faculty are Bjorn Carlsson, Yuwen Chen, Peter DaDalt, Lisa Lancellotta, Hillary Leonard, Ann-Marie Sacco, Diane St. Laurent, and Anthony Wheeler.
Application for Admission
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any major, from any accredited college or university may apply for admission to the Master of Business Administration Program. Learn more about the MBA application process.
For more information about the University of Rhode Island One-Year MBA, please contact Lisa Lancellotta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401.874.4241.