The College of Business offers undergraduate academic programs that encourage leadership skills in our graduates. The objectives of our undergraduate programs are to promote critical and independent thinking, foster personal responsibility, and develop students whose performance and commitment mark them as leaders who will contribute to the business community and society. All programs are accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Entrepreneurial Management
- General Business
- Global Business
- Supply Chain Management
Student Learning Outcomes
To promote student success and achievement, the College of Business conducts a Student Learning Outcomes Assessment each academic year. This process creates greater accountability for student learning and supports a cycle of outcomes assessment and continuous program involvement. Faculty from each area and program within the College are active participants in this process.
All first-year students are enrolled in University College, which offers a broad range of advising services. Since all students interested in business studies follow a similar program for the first two years, they often select their major in the junior year. The College of Business provides academic advising in Ballentine Hall for students who have declared a business major.
Students follow the curriculum requirements for the year in which they first entered the University (see curriculum sheets by year and major). The Undergraduate Catalog presents detailed information about each major. Upon completion of all course and credit degree requirements and the filing of an Intent to Graduate form, students who major in any of the above programs will receive the the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Lower Core Classes
- BUS 111 Intro to Business Analysis and Applications
- BUS 201+202 Financial & Managerial Accounting
- ECN 201+202 Micro & Macro Economics
- BUS 210 Managerial Statistics I
Students must earn a 2.7 GPA in the six core classes listed above and a 2.5 cumulative GPA to maintain their status in the College of Business Administration.
Other Classes Taken in the First 2 Years
- URI 101 Traditions and Transformations
- BUS 110 Business Computing Applications
- BUS 211 Managerial Decision Support System
- WRT 227 Business Communications
College of Business General Education Requirements
- 6 Credits Natural Science
- 6 Credits Foreign Language
- 6 Credits Letters
- 3 Credits Social Science
- 3 Credits Math and Quantitative Reasoning
- 3 Credits Literature
- 3 Credits Fine Arts
- 3 Credits English Communication
Upper Core Classes
- BUS 355 Operations and Supply Chain Management
- BUS 320 Financial Management
- BUS 315/318 Legal and Ethical Environment of Business I/ Business Law
- BUS 345 Business in Society
- BUS 341 Organizational Behavior
- BUS 365 Marketing Principles
- BUS 390 Passport Program: Your Career Advantage
- BUS 445 Strategic Management*
*prerequisite BUS 320, 341, 355, 365, and 315 or 345