Application for Admission to the URI Chinese Flagship Program
To apply for admission to The URI Chinese Language Flagship Program, please submit the following by December 1 for current undergraduate students and by April 1 for high school seniors who have been admitted to The University of Rhode Island.
- Application Form (below)
- Statement of Purpose (submit via form below)
- Chinese Essay (if applicable, via form below)
- Resume (submit via form below)
- Three Letters of Recommendation, one of which must be from a language instructor (see instructions below)
- A complete set of official transcripts. If you are a high school senior, this includes your high school transcript. If you are an undergraduate student, this includes transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Please mail to: Erin L. Papa, Assistant Director, The URI Chinese Language Flagship Program, 60 Upper College Road, 178 Swan Hall, Kingston, RI 02881 by the application deadline.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must request three (3) letters of recommendation to be submitted by the recommendation writers via the following link. The letters should address your academic and character strengths as well as your suitability for the purposes of the program. At least one of the three letter writers must be a Chinese or other language instructor. The names and email addresses of each letter writer must be submitted by the applicant on the Application Form above. It is the responsibility of the applicant to direct the recommendation writers to the following link.
Link for Recommendation Writers: http://web.uri.edu/chineseflagship/recommendation/