Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Travel Email: email@example.com
The URI Travel Office processes foreign, domestic and local travel for employees and non-employees. URI Travel Office services include:
- IMPORTANT NOTICE – Samsung7 Notice
- Travel Policy
- Processing approved Travel Authorization Requests (TAR’s)
- Encumbering departmental funds from information supplied on approved TAR’s
- Reconciling charges from the University’s authorized travel agent for air and ground transportation
New Travel and Expense Module – Financials
The Controller’s Office is in the process of implementing the Travel and Expense Module in PeopleSoft Financials, which will replace the current paper travel document system. We began our pilot program working with the College of Environment and Life Sciences (CELS) in August 2015 and have collaborated with CELS to resolve issues unique to URI. We are now beginning the process of rolling the Travel and Expense Module out to the remainder of the University.
The rollout will begin with administrative departments in the Fall, 2016 and progress to the academic community in the Spring, 2017.
Some of the features of the Travel and Expense Module include:
o Online preparation of the Travel Authorization (previously the TAR,) Expense Report (previously the TEV) and Cash Advance .
o Online approval of the Travel Authorization and Expense Report utilizing workflow in Financials.
o Issuance of a new URI Employee Travel VISA credit card to be used for travel expenses only, which will replace the PCARD for travel purposes. Any employee who travels may obtain a URI Employee Travel VISA credit card to pay for all travel related expenses, including airfare. Employees can apply for a URI Employee Travel VISA credit card at any time but need to complete training prior to receiving a travel card.
o Ability of travelers to delegate authority to another person within the department to enter travel documents on their behalf.
Following are the steps needed to complete the implementation of the Travel and Expense Module:
- Access to Financials: Employees who do not currently have access to Financials, should submit the PeopleSoft Financials Security Request for Access Form, found under the Forms tab on the left margin, under PeopleSoft Financials Management Department near the bottom of the page.
For anyone new to Financials, student or employee, there is a new procedure for obtaining a User ID and password in Financials. The new user should login to e-Campus (either Faculty & Staff e-Campus or Student e-Campus) and from the main menu, go to the Change Password option. The user must change their password in e-Campus. This will create a User ID and password in Financials that will mirror the credentials in e-Campus. This change is campus wide and is not related to the Travel and Expense Module. Once this is completed, for new Financials users only, please complete the PeopleSoft Financials Request for Security Access form requesting T&E User access and forward per the instructions on the form.
- Apply for a new URI Employee Travel VISA Credit Card: The URI Employee Travel VISA credit card will be used for all travel expenses, including airfare. Please complete the Travel Card Application and Travel Card Agreement by clicking the links below. They can also be found by clicking on the Forms tab in the left margin, under Travel. Travelers are not required to obtain a new URI Travel VISA credit card. However, as the Travel and Expense Module is implemented across campus, the URI Employee Travel VISA credit card issued in the individual traveler’s name will be replacing the University credit card on the State Travel Agency (Short’s) website, and the PCARD as means of paying for travel expenses.
- Training: Prior to obtaining a URI Travel VISA credit card, training must be completed via Sakai. Once your application is received in the Accounting Office, you will be notified to login to Sakai to complete the training. Training is not required if a traveler is not obtaining a URI Employee Travel VISA credit card. The traveler can review the Online Travel and Expense Training Presentation for instruction on using the module.
- Supervisor Approval: A review by the department of the supervisors who approve state employee timecard. This is needed because the Travel and Expense module uses this supervisor as the initial approver for all travel documents (Travel Authorization, Cash Advance and Expense Report). This supervisor will receive notifications via email to approve travel documents online in Financials.
- Signature Authorization Review: A review of Signature Authorization for all chartfields in the department to ensure that signature authorization is up to date and that all travel boxes (Travel Expense Voucher/Expense Report and Travel Authorization Request) are checked where necessary. This is what the workflow approval for Travel and Expense is based upon.
- REQUIRED: To be reimbursed via direct deposit for travel expenses, complete the Direct Deposit Setup Instructions for Travel Expense. This setup is required even if you are already being reimbursed via direct deposit/ACH from Accounts Payable.
- Travel and Expense Module Reference Guide – Includes table of contents for easier use
- Travel and Expense Module-Approver Reference
- FAQs for Travel and Expense Module
- Student Travel – Initial Instructions
- Online Travel and Expense Training Presentation (Sakai Training)
- Online Travel and Expense Training-Auto Mileage Reimbursement
- Updating your Short’s profile with your URI Employee Travel VISA Card Card
- To apply for a URI Travel VISA Credit Card (TCard), please complete the Travel Card Application and Travel Card Agreement documents on the forms website under Travel.
STATE TRAVEL AGENT
Short’s Travel Management
Effective February 1, 2016
- Business Hours: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM EST (Eastern Standard Time) weekdays | Emergency Travel Service – after hours service fee will apply
- Agent phone: 866.498.7436 (toll free)
- Agent email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concur On-line booking: www.shortstravel.com/URI – effective February 23, 2016
- New Concur Travel User Interface – effective June 10, 2016
- Short’s Travel Portal: Traveler Profile www.shortstravel.com/URI
ALL URI STATE EMPLOYEES MUST REGISTER WITH THE SHORT’S TRAVEL PORTAL PRIOR TO BOOKING TRAVEL
Existing Reservations booked by PanAm have been transferred to Short’s Travel Management
Any changes and/or cancellations be handled directly with Short’s Travel Management
Forms & Information
- Combination of Personal Travel with Business Travel
- FAQs for Car Rental
- FAQs for Travel
- URI Risk Management– Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement Form | Rates | 90 day limit
- National and Enterprise Rental Car Agreement and Rates
- Travelers TAR & TEV Responsibilities
During foreign travel, researchers often interact with individuals and entities from foreign countries that may be subject to restrictions under the U.S. export laws and regulations and to export both items and technical information that may be controlled. Please see the Division of Research & Economic Development Foreign Travel webpage.
International Travel related to Sponsored Research
- International Travel for Sponsored Research Form – must complete and receive approval from OSP and submit this form with the TAR
- URI Risk Management – See “International Travel Insurance”
- Federal Per Diem Rates – Domestic | Foreign
- Fly America Act – Sponsored Research ONLY
- US Certified Air Carriers
- Fly America Act Waiver Checklist – Sponsored Research ONLY
Staff Contact Information
|Kingston Campus – 103 Carlotti Admin Bldg – 75 Lower College Road|
|Associate Controller, Accounting Operations||Doreen J. Bolster||401.874.4422|
|Accounting Manager – Travel & Purchase Card||Judy Moore||401.874.4419|
|Traveler’s last name A – F||Tory Perrotta||401.874.4449|
|Traveler’s last name G – Ma||vacant||401.874.4425|
|Traveler’s last name Mc – U||Pam Thompson||401.874.4545|
|Traveler’s last name V – Z and GSO (28xx)||Linda Lenz||401.874.6927|
|Narragansett Bay Campus – 4 Fish Bldg|
|Travel – GSO (28xx)||Linda Lenz||401.874.6927|