Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Travel Email: email@example.com
The URI Travel Office processes foreign, domestic and local travel for employees and non-employees. URI Travel Office services include:
- Travel Policy
- Processing approved Travel Authorization Requests (TAR’s)
- Encumbering departmental funds from information supplied on approved TAR’s
- Reconciling charges from the University’s authorized travel agent for air and ground transportation
PeopleSoft Financials Travel and Expense Module (Pilot Program – CELS, Controller, Budget)
- To obtain access to the new Travel and Expense Module, travelers will need to complete the PS Financials Request for Security Access Form found on the Forms tab on the left. Scroll down the page to the PeopleSoft Financials Management at the bottom and click on the PS Financials Security Access Request Form.
- If you would like to obtain a new URI Travel VISA credit card to be used for all travel expenses, including airfare, please complete the Travel Card Application and Travel Card Agreement by clicking the links below. They can also be found by clicking on the Forms tab in the left margin, under Travel. Travelers are not required to obtain a new URI Travel VISA credit card. However, as the Travel and Expense Module is implemented across campus, the paper TAR and TEV forms will no longer be accepted. The URI Travel VISA credit card issued in the individual traveler’s name will be replacing the University credit card on the State Travel Agency website as means of paying for travel.
- Prior to obtaining a URI Travel VISA credit card, a training must be completed via Sakai. Once your application is received in the Accounting Office, you will be notified to login to Sakai to complete the training. Training is not required if a traveler is not obtaining a URI Travel VISA credit card. The traveler can review the Online Travel and Expense Training Presentation for instruction on using the module.
- REQUIRED: To be reimbursed via direct deposit for travel expenses, complete the Direct Deposit Setup Instructions for Travel Expense. This setup is required even if you are already being reimbursed via direct deposit/ACH from Accounts Payable.
- Travel and Expense Module Approver Reference
- Travel and Expense Module Reference Guide
- Online Travel and Expense Training Presentation
- Online Travel and Expense Training-Auto Mileage Reimbursement
- Updating your Short’s profile with URI Travel Card
- To apply for a URI Travel VISA Credit Card (TCard), please complete the Travel Card Application and Travel Card Agreement documents on the forms website under Travel.
STATE TRAVEL AGENT
Short’s Travel Management
Effective February 1, 2016
- Business Hours: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM ET weekdays | Emergency Travel Service – after hours service fee will apply
- Agent phone: 866.498.7436 (toll free)
- Agent email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concur On-line booking: www.shortstravel.com/URI – effective February 23, 2016
- Short’s Travel Portal: Traveler Profile www.shortstravel.com/URI
ALL URI EMPLOYEES AND GRADUATE STUDENTS MUST REGISTER WITH THE SHORT’S TRAVEL PORTAL PRIOR TO BOOKING TRAVEL
Existing Reservations booked by PanAm
If you have existing ticketed reservations for travel after February 1st, which was booked with PanAm, any changes and/or cancellations be handled directly with the airline.
Airline Confirmation Code / Record Locator is on your itinerary
You can make changes to your reservations on the airline website or by calling the airline directly.
If the airline tells you to go through URI Travel Agent (PanAm), please inform them that URI no longer has a working relationship with the agent. You may have to be persistent.
Any change fees incurred on these existing reservations will need to be paid by the traveler and then submitted for reimbursement.
Submit the new itinerary and receipt with your TEV for reimbursement.
If you cancel a reservation or receive a voucher for a ticket change, please notify URI Travel Office email@example.com so that we may keep track and forward any necessary open credits to the new travel agent.
Forms & Information
- Combination of Personal Travel with Business Travel
- FAQs for Car Rental
- FAQs for Travel
- URI Risk Management– Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement Form | Rates | 90 day limit
- National and Enterprise Rental Car Agreement and Rates
During foreign travel, researchers often interact with individuals and entities from foreign countries that may be subject to restrictions under the U.S. export laws and regulations and to export both items and technical information that may be controlled. Please see the Division of Research & Economic Development Foreign Travel webpage.
International Travel related to Sponsored Research
- International Travel for Sponsored Research Form – must complete and receive approval from OSP and submit this form with the TAR
- URI Risk Management – See “International Travel Insurance”
- Federal Per Diem Rates – Domestic | Foreign
- Fly America Act – Sponsored Research ONLY
- US Certified Air Carriers
- Fly America Act Waiver Checklist – Sponsored Research ONLY
Staff Contact Information
|Kingston Campus – 103 Carlotti Admin Bldg – 75 Lower College Road|
|Associate Controller, Accounting Operations||Doreen J. Bolster||401.874.4422|
|Accounting Manager – Travel & Purchase Card||Judy Moore||401.874.4419|
|Travel – General Fund (100)||vacant||401.874.4449|
|Travel – Foundation Fund (401)||Pam Thompson||401.874.4545|
|Travel – Research (500 and 110) & Athletics||Helene Bucka||401.874.4425|
|Narragansett Bay Campus – 4 Fish Bldg|
|Travel – GSO||Linda Lenz||401.874.6927|