Applied Biosystems 3130xl Genetic Analyzer
This instrument is a fluorescence-based genetic analysis system. It is fully automated from polymer loading and replacement, to DNA separation, detection, and data analysis enabling 24-hour unattended operation.
- Autoloading of samples performed from two microtiter plates; either 96- or 384-well format
- Arrays with sixteen capillaries in four different lengths: 22, 36, 50, and 80 cm.
- Automated delivery system for POP-4, POP-6, or POP-7 polymers
- Argon laser with primary excitations at 488 and 515 nm
- Detection of up to 5 dyes for sequencing and fragment analysis
- CCD detection technology and spectrograph for color separation
- Simultaneous dual-side illumination detection system to maximize signal uniformity and sensitivity
- Software for DNA sequencing/base calling (Sequencing Analysis v5.2) and for fragment analysis of microsatellites, SNP, AFLP and LOH (GeneMapper® v4.0) as well as comparative sequencing, mutation detection, and detection of heterozygote insertions and deletions (SeqScape® v2.5)