Welcome to the Rhode Island INBRE Molecular Informatics Core (formerly the RI-INBRE Bioinformatics Core and URI Genomics and Sequence Core). We are an NIH-funded core facility that serves Rhode Island institutions requiring sequencing, bioinformatics or data science services.
The goals of the MIC are as follows:
- To provide sequencing and bioinformatics support for INBRE and non-INBRE researchers
- To provide additional data science services adjacent to traditional bioinformatics
- To provide access to computational and software resources for INBRE network institutions, particularly primarily undergraduate institutions
- To provide training opportunities for students and faculty in data science methods
- To maintain a professional network with other core and user facilities in Rhode Island and beyond to maximize resources available to our users
- To utilize novel technologies such as virtual/augmented reality for use in teaching and research
If you utilize the core services, you must follow our data sharing and public access policies.
Molecular Informatics Google Group
To simplify communication and keep our users up to date on Core functions, we have set up an MIC Google Group at URI. To join the group, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will add you or search Google Groups for RI-INBRE MIC.
Join our Slack Workspace!
RI-INBRE MIC Slack