Honors Program Staff
- Lynne Derbyshire, Ph.D., Director
- Cheryl Foster, Ph.D., Associate Director
- Carolyn Hames, Associate Director
- Kathleen D. Maher, Assistant Director
- Deb Gardiner, Program Coordinator
- Nancy Caronia, Ph.D., Honors Program Lecturer and First Year Advisor
- Brian Clinton, Pre-Health Lecturer/Advisor
Lynne Derbyshire, Ph.D.
300B Lippitt Hall
Director, Honors Program
Associate Professor/Communications Studies
Ph.D. University of Maryland
M.A. State University of New York, Buffalo
B.A. State University of New York, Buffalo
Professor Derbyshire has been at URI since 1987 and director of the Honors Program since 2013. Research interests include women and public discourse, especially 19th century women’s rights discourse and women and constitutive discourse. Teaching interests include gender and communication, contemporary rhetorical criticism, feminist theory, and diversity.
She co-coordinated the Fall 2000 Honors Colloquium: “Nonviolence: Legacies of the Past, Bridges to the Future” featuring Coretta Scott King and legendary folk artist Pete Seeger, among others and the Fall 2010 Colloquium on “Race,” which featured Cory Booker, Melissa Harris-Lacewell, among others.