IEP Student Ambassador Application 2016-17
Eligibility: Open to upperclass (5th year) IEP students returning from their year abroad.
Role: Student Ambassadors are an important part of IEP marketing and recruitment efforts, and serve as a resource to younger generations of IEP students, prospective students and families, and other visitors to the IEP. Ambassadors must be able to represent the program in an engaged, professional manner. They also act as mentors/advisors for current students on campus and abroad, and help create program-related materials.
Stipend: $1,000 for the academic year ($500/semester), at discretion of coordinator and directors.
Events: Ambassadors must be able to commit to the events below:
- Study Abroad Fair (Wednesday, Sept. 14)
- 1 IEP Freshman Orientation meeting (Tuesday, 9/20 at 5pm or Thursday, 9/21 at 5pm, depending on language)
- 1 of the Open House days (Saturday, Oct. 15 or Saturday, Oct. 29)
- 1 EGR 105 class visit (Monday, Sept. 19th 11am class or 4pm class)
- 2 of the Welcome Days (TBA: usually 3 weekend dates in April)
Activities: Ambassadors will also be responsible for:
- High school visits–coordinate with fellow ambassadors to visit area high schools including contacting schools, planning, arranging travel, and conducting presentations
- Prospective student visits–help coordinate language and engineering class visits, greet and have lunch with student visitors and families, talk about your IEP experiences at URI and abroad
- Pre-departure meetings–ambassadors will assist their IEP directors with pre-departure meetings and serve as resource for students preparing to go abroad
- Special projects–each ambassador will be assigned a project that they will work on for the year according to their skills and interests
Application Deadline: Friday, September 9, 2015
Questions? Contact Spanish IEP Director Silke Scholz @email@example.com