WHAT WE DO!
Welcome to the Office of International Education/OIE.
- More than 200 destinations
- Transfer Credit only
- Gain study away experience while attending any of 175 colleges and universities within the U.S. Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- FLP’s enroll URI and non-URI students, degree and non degree students, teachers and other professionals
- Participants may earn 3-6 URI credits
- Certify International Teaching Assistants’ English language abilities
- Sponsor ELS courses for undergraduate and graduate students
- One-to-one exchange
- All pay instate tuition
- Combine learning with acquiring valuable work skills and a broadening world view
- Earn 3 – 12 URI credits in a supervised internship
FLP SUMMER ACADEMIES
- Academies provide unique opportunities to students and professionals to improve language skills or gain specialized professional knowledge
- Assists with development of global education partnerships
- Serve as repository for global education partnerships
While making a decision to go abroad, take the chance to experience a global perspective. Join us in one or all of the events listed below:
It is the policy of the University of Rhode Island not to discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or discriminate against disabled and Vietnam era veterans in the recruitment, admission or treatment of students, the recruitment, hiring or treatment of faculty and staff, and in the operation of its activities and programs, as specified by State and Federal Laws.