Seinan Gakuin University was founded in 1916. “Seinan” literally means “southwest” as the University is located in southwestern Japan. Fukuoka, the university’s hometown, is located on the coast with nice beaches. Some 7,530 students attending Seinan Gakuin. Fifteen percent of the full-time SGU faculty are non-Japanese.
- 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Tuition and Expenses*
- Tuition and fees: URI in-state tuition and fees
- Room and board: paid to Seinan
- Off-campus fee: $483
- Administrative fee $350
- Insurance: $1,873**
*NOTE: fees are subject to change
**May be waived with proof of own insurance and completion of waiver form
Room and Board
- The University has a number of apartments within walking distance to the campus
- (All course work in English)
- Advanced Japanese
- Beginning Japanese
- History of Japan
- Intercultural Communication
- Intermediate Japanese
- Japanese Business Management
- Japanese Culture
- Japanese Literature
- Japanese Psychology and Society
- Japanese Politics
- Natural World of Japan
- Traditional Culture in Japan
Program Duration: Fall, September to December. Spring, January to May (Previous Japanese study required).
Application Deadlines: Fall semester and Academic Year applicants – April 1st, Spring semester applicants – September 1st.
If you are interested in applying or want to know more about how to apply, please visit study abroad policies and procedures by clicking here.