Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the strong foundation in exercise science necessary to effectively work in the exercise science field/profession.
- Apply knowledge and skills required to assess human performance related characteristics of individuals from diverse populations.
- Design and implement exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals and those with the leading controlled chronic diseases.
- Evaluate the behavioral and cultural factors that influence the adoption and maintenance of a physically active lifestyle.
- Apply knowledge of exercise science in a real world setting.
Program Objectives – Curriculum Mapping
Undergraduate OHE Assessment Form
Kinesiology Graduate Program Goals and Student Learning Objectives:
Prepare graduates with an appropriate breadth of core knowledge across the field of Kinesiology
- Graduates will be able to apply scientific principles in the creation of exercise programs for various populations
- Graduates will be able to examine a major issue in Kinesiology using a critical, sociocultural approach
- Graduates will be able to apply theories of health behavior in the promotion of physical activity
Prepare graduates with the ability to consume research across the field of Kinesiology and conduct research within their specific discipline
- Graduates will be able to identify major research approaches to answering disciplinary questions in Kinesiology
- Graduates will be able to apply appropriate methods to develop and investigate research questions in their discipline
Prepares graduates with the skills to be life-long learners
- Graduates will be adept at retrieving and analyzing information relevant to the field of Kinesiology
- Graduates are capable of making interdisciplinary connections and synthesizing information
Prepare graduates with an appropriate depth of knowledge within their specific focus area
- Graduates can demonstrate knowledge of the background and principle research in their specialization
- Graduates can demonstrate the ability to situate their own research within the broader context of the field