College of Business Administration

Ballentine Hall, 7 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881

admitcba@etal.uri.edu401.874.2337

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Mariely Jimenez ’16

Mariely Jimenez
  • Hometown: Cranston, RI
  • Major: Accounting
  • Graduation Year: 2016

Why did you choose this degree program?

I chose this program because I truly believe that having accounting as my major will not only provide me with opportunities in the future but it will give me the chance to begin my career now as I am attending school.

What has been the best part of your studies in the College of Business?

This past summer I interned at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Boston office. I know that I would not have been able to do so if it were not for the College of Business.

What has been the best part of your entire URI experience?

In the summer 2012 I became part of the Talent Development program at the University of Rhode Island. There I took a business class along with two other classes. Being part of this program truly opened the doors for more opportunities than I could have ever imagined.

What do you consider the biggest strengths of your major or program?

The biggest strength of majoring in accounting would be the benefits that it provides for someone after college. I look forward to the idea that having not only a job but rather a career is possible for life after school.

What kind of internships, experiential learning opportunities, or real-life experiences have you had?

As I mentioned before, this past summer I had a paid internship with PwC where I worked closely with the Campus Recruiting department, assisting my supervisor with projects that would be used with colleges throughout the school year. In addition, I also worked with other interns and on a variety of other projects. It was a great experience and a chance to learn more about about the PwC culture.

What has surprised you most about URI?

The thing that most surprised me about the University was that even though it is a large school, especially compared to high school, I have been able to make connections with both my peers and professors, definitely making this school of 10,000+ students a bit smaller.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top