College of Business

Ballentine Hall, 7 Lippitt Road, Kingston, RI 02881

admitcba@gmail.com401.874.2337

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Kerrin Suvari ’13

Kerri Suvari
  • Major: General Business
  • Degree: B.S., 2013
  • Position: Senior Coordinator of Social Media, Alex and Ani

What are some of the ways your experience at URI and the College of Business have had an impact on your career path?

The College of Business assisted me tremendously in finding the right career path for my interests and skill set. Through valuable connections with professors, faculty, and advisors, I was able to gain internship experiences in a variety of business fields. These experiences led me to pursue my passion for marketing and land a great opportunity at Alex and Ani.

When you think about your experience as a business student at URI, what are some of the most valuable lessons you learned?

Never stop networking. The College of Business emphasizes this through Alumni Career Days and the Career Passport course. Building and maintaining a powerful network will continue to serve as a valuable resource throughout your career.

What were the best parts of your URI experience?

My most memorable experiences at URI were through my involvement in student organizations such as the Business Student Advisory Council and Student Entertainment Committee. The connections and skills I obtained from participating in these organizations still remain valuable to me today.

What is most interesting to you about the world of business in today’s world? The most challenging?

The business world today is fast-paced and requires flexibility. Technology is continually advancing and new opportunities for businesses are continually emerging. This often makes it challenging to remain ahead of the curve. It is essential for a new grad to understand and be able to adapt to this environment.

What advice would you give to a student today considering a major in business?

A business degree will provide you with a broad business background and will prepare you for success in a corporate environment. Take full advantage of the great courses, faculty, student organizations, and additional resources available to you to make the most of your major.

What do you believe is most important for a new grad entering the workforce to understand?

When first entering the workforce, focus on learning as much as you can to become a valuable asset to your company. Step outside of your comfort zone and say yes to new projects. A willingness to learn and be challenged will open doors to new opportunities and further advancement.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top