The Evening MBA Program consists of 15 three-credit courses for a total of 45 credits. Depending upon your undergraduate coursework, the dates you completed your courses, and the you grades received, you may waive courses for a minimum of 36 credits.
Evening MBA required and elective courses are listed below. Download MBA course descriptions (PDF). Required Courses
- ECN 590 Principles of Economics
- MBA 500 Statistical Methods for Management
- MBA 502 Organizational Behavior or MBA 532 Organizational Behavior for Healthcare Professionals
- MBA 503 Financial Accounting or MBA 533 Financial Accounting for Healthcare Professionals
- MBA 504 Financial Management or MBA 534 Financial Management for Healthcare Professionals
- MBA 505 Managerial Marketing
- MBA 565 Strategic Management
Mid-Tier Courses Five courses (15 credits) should be selected from the courses below:
- MBA 510 Managerial Accounting or MBA 537 Managerial Accounting for Healthcare Professionals
- MBA 530 Legal Environment of Business
- MBA 540 Organizational Decision Making and Design
- MBA 550 Management Information Resources or MBA 535 Information Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- MBA 555 Managerial Economics
- MBA 560 Operations & Supply Chain Management or MBA 536 Healthcare Operations & Supply Chain Management
- MBA 562 Global Supply Chain Management
Evening MBA students may elect to concentrate in finance, management, marketing, supply chain management, or may choose a general business concentration. To concentrate in an area, you are required to take 3 electives (9 credits) in that area plus the stated mid-tier related courses. You may also take your electives outside the College of Business Administration and count them toward your MBA program. For instance, you may take electives from other URI graduate programs, such as communications, engineering, human development and family services, and labor relations, among others.
Concentration Elective Requirements
- Finance: MBA 555 and 3 electives in FIN
- Management: MBA 540 and 3 electives in MGT
- Marketing: MBA 540 and 3 electives in MKT
- Supply Chain: MBA 560, MBA 562, and 3 electives in Supply Chain Management
- General Concentration: Any 3 electives at URI (three 500/600 level electives in the College of Business Administration, 500/600 levels in any other URI program, and two 400-level approved courses for a general concentration.)
The Evening MBA program is designed to meet the needs of incoming students with various academic and professional backgrounds.
- ECN 590, MBA 500, and MBA 503 may be waived for students with applicable coursework. You must have completed two undergraduate courses (minimum grade B in each class) taken within five years of when you matriculate.
- MBA 502 may be waived for management majors (graduated within 5 years from when you matriculate).
- MBA 505 may be waived for marketing majors (graduated within 5 years from when you matriculate).
- Waiver exams for MBA 500, MBA 504, and MBA 505 are available for students who do not meet the above requirements.
For more information about the University of Rhode Island Evening MBA Program, please contact Lisa Lancellotta at email@example.com or 401.874.4241.