Do you have any news worth sharing in social media or an article? Let us know at email@example.com.
We seek to feature as many newsworthy items as possible across CELS platforms including the CELS monthly newsletter, website, and social media accounts. CELS Communication Fellows develop and gather relevant news stories and content to share the incredible work that is being done within the CELS community.
Social media posts
CELS faculty, staff, and students are invited to submit content for promotion via the CELS social media channels. These requests can be about events, new courses, feature stories, research and job opportunities, awards, grants, articles, etc. Note that these items must be directly related to CELS.
- Due to our editorial schedule, these requests should be sent in at least 10 days before you would like the post to be scheduled. Day-of social media requests will not be considered. Please indicate any time sensitivity to the requested post.
- Include a photo with credit information and any links that need to be included.
- If connected to other groups with social media accounts (e.g., URI Cooperative Extension, URI Honors College) please mention the social media platform and handle you would like to be tagged.
*We will try to accommodate all requests within the week they are requested, but cannot guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled.
articles and newsletter
CELS faculty, staff, and students are invited to submit content that you would like to be promoted on the CELS website and in newsletters. Options include:
- Big Thinkers pieces. These include students, alumni, and faculty who have excelled in their studies or field. Please review past profiles for inspiration.
- Occasionally, feature stories are accepted and written on innovative projects, collaborations, and events. These stories will be reviewed by the CELS Communication Team and may be accommodated during the semester in which they are requested. We retain the right to determine whether a pitched story is better suited for another format (e.g., social media posts).
- For profiles: student, alumni, faculty name sent two months before desired publication date
- For other articles: Send information about the student, alumni, faculty, event, opportunity, award, etc. two months prior to publication date
*We will try to accommodate all requests within the week they are requested to be posted, but we cannot guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled
- Submit newsletter item pitches by the 15th of the month for consideration in that month’s e-newsletter.
- Submitted pitches should include a link and a photo.