Thank you for your interest in transferring to the School of Education. We have included brief information about the transfer process to the University of Rhode Island. General information about transferring to URI is followed by a link to information about the additional application process for the School of Education.
URI Application Deadlines
URI Spring Admission – December 15
URI Fall Admission – June 15
Transcripts are due no later than 10 days after the application deadline.
- Completed Transfer Common Application submitted online.
- $65 application fee.
- Official electronic or official printed transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, whether or not you desire or expect to receive credit for such work. Email transcripts to email@example.com.
- Official high school transcript, unless you have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a subject similar in content to what is offered at URI.
- Students with a GED must also submit official high school transcripts from the time they were enrolled.
- We do not require test scores for transfer applicants, including those with fewer than 24 credits. If you choose to submit your SAT or ACT test scores, they must be sent electronically to URI by the testing agency.
- If you have more than 60 credits you must choose a major other than “Undecided.”
- As part of our holistic review, we also consider the disciplinary record of each applicant. We seek to enroll students who will treat all other members of our community with respect.
- Transfer Scholarship Information
- Additional guidance can be found on the Transfer Resource Center page
Have more questions?
Contact your transfer admission counselor:
Education Majors have an additional admission process once they enter URI.
For more information please visit the School of Education Admission webpage.