Chinese Language Flagship Program Tutor Description
Provide support for students in the Chinese language Flagship Program through pre-determined tasks and activities aimed at reinforcing class lecturers.
- Attend mandatory pre-service training
- Tutor for approximately 6 hours per week with the opportunity for additional hours if requested
- Ensure the entire tutoring session is held only in the Chinese language
- Be punctual for all scheduled tutoring session. It is your responsibility to notify us as soon as possible if you cannot meet with your students.
- Stay current on tutoring content
- Attend trainings and complete ongoing training requirements, including peer observations
- Ensure that students’ sign-in sheet, student’s progress report, and your timesheets are submitting in a timely and accurate manner
Minimum Qualifications for Native Chinese speakers and Chinese Language Learners:
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Good academic standing
- Excellent in interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Professional, patient, friendly, and be sensitive to the needs of the students
Preferred Qualifications* for Chinese Language Learners:
- OPI: Advanced Low or above
- Reading: Intermediate High or above
- Listening: Intermediate High or above
Preferred Qualification Native Chinese Speakers:
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Current rate is $10.10/ hour
To apply: Submit the electronic application below. If you have any questions, please contact Xiaoyan Hu (email@example.com).
First Consideration Date:
- 2018 Summer Tutor Position: You must apply on or before May 1, 2018 to receive first consideration for this position.
- 2018 Fall Tutor Position: You must apply on or before May 14, 2018 to receive first consideration for this position.
*Qualifications will be verified by your Chinese instructor(s).