Karen Orabona, MEd, RD, LDN, FMP
Dietitian Nutrition Specialist
Nutritional information about the foods we serve in the dining halls are available on our web site. If you have any questions Dietitian Nutrition Specialist, is ready to help!
- Nutrition Facts on our web site: Nutrition Facts
- More information about healthy eating: Choose My Plate
Handling Your Food Allergies at URI:
If you have been diagnosed with a food allergy or have a significant food intolerance and will be dining in our facilities, please reach out to our Dietitian Nutrition Specialist so we can discuss options that meet yours needs.
The Earlier the Better!
If possible, please let us know about your food allergy/intolerance before you come to Freshman Orientation or move onto campus. We will arrange a special tour so you can meet our staff and understand what options are available to you at our facilities. We look forward to working with you!
- Nutrition facts on web site and daily menu listings
- Minimal use of peanuts/nuts in recipes and products
- Foods with nuts/peanuts identified at point of service
- Soy milk and lactose free milk
- Gluten free products and toaster available at both dining halls
- Foods cooked to order
- Precautions to prevent cross-contamination
- Individual counseling
For your safety, it is the customer’s obligation to inform the server about any food allergies.
For the spring semester, we are giving you a chance to win $25 on your Ram Account! Visit the new station at Butterfield, Corner Creations and send us a picture of your creation! Corner creations is open Thursday Lunch – Friday Lunch. CONTEST RULES: 1. Take a photo of your Corner Creation. 2. Like […]