The Office of Community, Equity and Diversity strives to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive University in which every individual can thrive.
- Nurturing development from a holistic perspective
- Affirming multiple and intersecting identities
- Fostering cultural competence through transformative learning
- Advancing equity, inclusion, and diversity in the global community
- Modeling honesty, integrity, and social justice
- Community, Equity and Diversity Office
- Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Bystander Intervention Program
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Multicultural Student Services Center
- Women’s Center
In addition to maximizing the effectiveness of these departmental units, the Chief Diversity Officer, who is also a member of the President’s executive team, is charged with influencing effective policy formation and collaborating with the Presidential Commissions and division, college, and departmental diversity committees to ensure the accomplishment of the University’s strategic diversity goals.