M.A. in TESOL/Bilingual and Dual Language Immersion
Candidates will be selected on the basis of three key areas:
- Knowledge: The URI Graduate School recommends have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- Skills: Demonstrated teaching experience;
- Dispositions toward teaching language and learning: Applicants must demonstrate positive dispositions toward continued learning, and toward teaching literacy to all students and equal opportunity for all students.
GRE scores are not required for this program.
Tuition and Fees
Students who are accepted into the Graduate School with an M.A. in Education and specialization in TESOL/Bilingual and Dual Language Immersion are eligible for the reduced tuition rates below.
$462 per credit hour
$1,386 per 3-credit course
How to Apply
An online application must be submitted through the URI Graduate School Admissions website.
Applications must include:
- an undergraduate transcript from a regionally accredited institution
- a copy of your RI teaching certificate (or certification from another state)
- a resume indicating your teaching experiences
- a minimum of two letters of recommendation, including one from personnel in a supervisory capacity qualified to comment specifically on professional abilities and strengths (for example, principals, department chairs)
- a personal statement revealing your rationale for applying to the TESOL/BDL program and a focused goal for obtaining an advanced degree
- a formal interview with program faculty