- Teaching Professor
- Secondary Education, Mathematics
- Phone: 401.874.4165
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Location: Chafee Hall, Rm 712
Nicole Hersey-Bertram is a Teaching Professor at the University of Rhode Island, with a dual appointment to the School of Education and Department of Mathematics.
She currently holds a doctorate in Education from the University of Rhode Island and Rhode Island College. Her scholarship focuses on the learning of mathematics, mathematical thinking, and pedagogical content knowledge.
- Learning and teaching of mathematics
- Mathematical thinking
- Pedagogical content knowledge
- Ph.D., Education, University of Rhode Island/Rhode Island College, 2018
- M.A., Education, University of Rhode Island, 2012
- B.A.s, Secondary Education and Mathematics, 2009
Hersey, N. & de Groot, C. (2020). New Lenses on Beginning Secondary Mathematics Teachers’ Development of Pedagogical Content Knowledge. In M. Bloom & S. Quebec Fuentes (Eds.), Advancing Science and Mathematics Education for a Sustainable Future.
Hersey, N. & de Groot, C. (2020). Reported Impact of Specialized Courses on Pedagogical Content Knowledge Development of Mathematics Education Program Candidates’ transition to First-Year Teachers. Annual Research Conference Proceedings of the Association of Teacher Educators.
de Groot, C., D’Aloisio, B., & Hersey, N. (2017). Digging Deeper Into Division. New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal, 67(2), 64-69.
Peno, K., Hersey, N., Olson, R., Sergent, C., & Reed, S. (2016). TASC for Dummies. Edison, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
de Groot, C. & Hersey, N. (2015). When products are sums. New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal, 65(1), 22-28.