Winter Break & J-Term Housing

Students living on-campus in a URI Residence Hall, Suite or Apartment, during the Fall may request to remain in their rooms during the Winter Break or J-Term by completing the Winter Break / J-Term Housing application in MyHousing.   There is no additional cost for residents who live on-campus in the fall preceding and spring following the Winter Break / J-Term, otherwise additional fees may apply.

To complete the housing application:

  1. Log in to MyHousing;
  2. Select the “Apply Online or Cancel Online” button;
  3. Select and complete the “Winter Break / J-Term Housing” application.
  4. Print and post on your bedroom door this Occupied Sign.

Guests are not permitted in URI residences during the Winter Break/J-Term, and services are limited.  For example, the University’s dining halls (Butterfield and Mainfare) and the RAM’s Den close during holidays.