4 Fast & Easy Breakfast Ideas

It’s hard to stay in a routine during this time, but there’s no better way to get back into one by waking up and making a healthy breakfast to start the day! I have been getting creative with different breakfast ideas that take only 5 minutes and I thought I would share! 

• Avocado on English Muffin

avocado on an english muffin with siracha sauce This can be done on toast too, but I prefer English muffin. Choose a whole grain option bread and mash-up avocado to put on top. You can top it with anything you want, but I love Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning and siracha. We have a few delicious bagels options on campus including Providence Bagel, Dunkin Donuts, and a few of the coffee shops offer a variety.

• Breakfast Burrito 

scrambled eggs in a flour tortilla shellThis is something new I tried since I had leftover tortillas in my cabinet. This can be made with wheat tortillas instead. The way I make these is making an omelet with any veggies I have. I then place the omelet on the wrap and add salsa and avocado.

• Immune Boosting Smoothie

mixed berry smoothie in a mason jar with a reusable strawSmoothies are a great way to get fruits and vegetables during this time to boost our immune system. For this one, I did a frozen mixed berry blend, a clementine, spinach (to increase my veggie intake), ginger, and almond milk. The clementine contains vitamin C that helps increase the production of white blood cells to fight infections. Ginger also has immune-boosting qualities by helping to reduce inflammation. I buy ginger frozen in cubes (I know they have it at Trader Joe’s, but probably other grocery stores) which makes it easy to toss into any smoothie!

• Berry Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl 

One of my favorite things to eat for breakfast is oatmeal. There are so many ways you can make your oatmeal by adding fruit and other ingredients it is almost like dessert! The packs of oatmeal you can buy are loaded with sugar and expensive. My favorite way to make oatmeal is with frozen mixed berries. I take about a cup of old fashioned oats with almond milk and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. I then add vanilla extract, cinnamon, stevia sweetener (plant-based sweetener instead of the premade ones loaded with sugar), and mix in frozen berries. Sometimes I will add peanut butter or greek yogurt as toppings for extra protein!

Do you have a favorite breakfast? share in the comments!