Student Profiles

• Brandon Weick ’20 - I am currently a graduate student in The University of Rhode Island’s Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. I am also serving as the student Core Ambassador for The Rhode Island Chapter of The American Physical Therapy Association. I graduated from URI in May 2020 with my Kinesiology degree, which provided me with a strong foundation […]
  • Justin Zeramby’18 - I am currently enrolled in my first year of the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program at Johnson & Wales University. I received my Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology in May of 2018.
  • Nelson Justa’18 - At the moment, I am concentrating on my studies in physical therapy at URI. I plan to get my National Strength and Conditional Association Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist (CSCS) certification, next summer (2019). 
  • Morgan McKenney’18 - I am a second year student in the University of Rhode Island Doctorate of Physical Therapy Program. I did the Early Contingent program so my senior year of undergraduate studies was my first year in the DPT program.
  • Marissa Pelli’18 - I graduated from URI in May 2018. I now attend Northeastern University in their accelerated Bachelor of Science in nursing degree. Here, I have been placed in clinicals at some of the most prestigious hospitals, such as Brigham and Women’s and Boston Children’s.
  • Hannah Scanlon’18 - Currently, I am pursuing a career in physical therapy and hope to specialize in sports medicine. My URI KIN degree helped me by providing a strong foundation in topics, such as exercise physiology, exercise testing and prescription, resistance training, and social and psychological aspects of exercise.
  • Kathleen Bicknell’18 - I am currently working as an exercise physiologist at The Center For Cardiac Fitness at The Miriam Hospital.  Through a multidisciplinary approach that includes prescribed exercise, counseling, education, and risk factor management I help patients with heart disease recover from cardiac events and implement changes to live healthier lives. URI's Department of Kinesiology helped me discover my passion
  • Marte Johannessen’17 - I will be attending J&W PA program in Spring of 2019. My KIN degree gave me a strong foundation in the health sciences. Being a part of the URI Honors program and the URI prehealth advising program helped me with my decision to pursue a career as a physician assistant.
  • Elizabeth Heffernan’17 - I’m in my second semester of physical therapy school and am taking classes as well as looking at my first clinical site placement options. Thanks to my BS in KIN from URI I have a great foundation for my exercise science and movement system courses.
  • Holly Franke’17 - Currently I am in my second year of physical therapy school at Utica College. A lot has changed since graduating from URI. I just finished my first clinical at an Outpatient Physical therapy clinic in Massachusetts and I am planning for 2 future clinical's next fall and spring, one in pediatrics and one in inpatient rehab.
View Archive