Welcome to the Memorial Union’s Information desk, We’re here to answer your questions, help point you in the right direction for an event, class, or meeting, and so much more. We sell stamps and discounted RIPTA Bus Passes for the URI Community. We accept cash or check for all purchases.
Services we Offer
We sell discounted RIPTA bus passes for purchase at the information desk. 10 ride passes cost $10.00 (limit of 3 can be purchased per month, per URI ID), monthly passes for unlimited rides cost $35.00 (limit one pass, per URI ID). All bus pass purchases require a valid URI ID. We accept cash or checks.
RIPTA U-Passes are available to first-year (freshman) students who neither brings a vehicle to campus nor purchases a parking pass and Nursing undergraduates enrolled in classes at the RI Nursing Education Center are eligible to receive a free RIPTA U-Pass. Get your pass at the Parking and Transportation Services Office, Kingston campus, 44 Lower College Road.
Bus Schedules :
We stock the latest bus schedules for the following RIPTA Bus Routes 14, 62/66 and 64. As well as for the Flex Service Shuttle that travels around campus.
US Postage Stamps:
Individual stamps are $0.50 each. We also sell envelopes for $0.10 each. We accept cash or checks.
There is on and off-campus mail pickup at the information desk daily (Pickup is Monday through Friday at 10:30am).
Lost and Found:
The Memorial Union’s info desk is where you’ll find missing personal items found around the campus. We also keep a log of all reported lost items.
Campus building and parking maps are available upon request. Additionally we can provide directions to the four URI campuses, local restaurants, visitor accommodations, and tourist spots in Rhode Island.
Student Organization keys:
The information desk is home to all the Memorial Union’s student organizations office keys. Select organization members (as determined by each of the student organizations presidents) can sign them out with their URI ID.
Be seen on our jumbo screens, with your digital ad posting
Flyers can be produced at Campus Copy and Design.
Flyers can be posted at various campus locations. Each facility sets is own posting policy. To post flyers at the Memorial Union, provide two 8 1/2” x 11” flyers to the info desk and the staff will place them behind the bulletin boards.
MU Display Policy:
• The bulletin boards are available to all applicable organizations for general-use; additionally, the general public may utilize the bulletin boards on the 1st floor.
• Two notices are permitted for URI programs that cite specific dates & times, while only one notice is permitted for non-URI programs or URI programs that cite no specific dates & times.
• Program notices must not exceed 14”x22” in size, and must include the sponsoring group’s name & contact telephone number.
• Classified ads may not exceed the size of a 3”x5” index card.
• All notices must be submitted to the Information Desk for approval, stamping, & posting.