New faculty member: Assistant Professor Kara Pavone

The University of Rhode Island College of Nursing welcomes Assistant Professor Kara Pavone to the college for the start of the fall 2022 semester. Learn about one of the College’s newest professors:

Education: Ph.D., Nursing Science, University of Pennsylvania; MS, Nursing Science, University of Pennsylvania; BSN, Nursing Science, University of Pennsylvania; BS, Behavioral Neuroscience, Northeastern University.

Recent experience: Assistant Professor, Northeastern University; Registered Nurse, Hale House Residential Care Facility, Boston, Mass.

Teaching focus: My primary teaching focus is to encourage and empower my students, fostering sustainable learning and an atmosphere of excellence. Additionally, I am passionate about teaching research methods to students at all levels, making research accessible and emphasizing its significance for nurses in various settings.

Research focus: The objective of my research is to improve health-related outcomes for individuals with opioid use disorder by investigating factors such as pain assessment and management, withdrawal symptoms and discharge disposition. Through my research, I strive to contribute to the advancement of patient-centered care and the overall well-being of individuals with opioid use disorder.