Welcome from Betty Rambur
Interim Dean & Professor, College of Nursing
Welcome to the College of Nursing at the University of Rhode Island. This is an exciting time for our college; I am thrilled with the many good things that have been happening in the college...
To prepare nurses to excel as outstanding and compassionate clinicians, scholars, and leaders who will enhance the health and health care of individuals, families, communities, and populations both locally and globally.
- Social justice, diversity, inclusivity, and civic engagement
- Respectful, ethical, humanistic, and compassionate care
- Intellectual curiosity, innovation, and scholarly inquiry
- Leadership, life-long learning, and excellence in practice
The University of Rhode Island College of Nursing is a dynamic catalyst for improving health and transforming health care through innovation and excellence in education, knowledge development, discovery, and professional practice to meet the needs of a global society.
Degree Programs Offered
- Master of Science, with Specializations in:
— Advanced Practice (Concentrations: Family, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Psychiatric Mental Health)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master’s degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate program at the University of Rhode Island are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.