Get Started

Who Should Attend?

All new students are welcome and encouraged to attend one of our two-day summer orientation sessions in June. We also offer additional orientation options for new transfer students (those who are bringing 24 credits or more from another institution), and new international students who live outside the U.S. and are unable to attend orientation in June.

2022 Orientation Dates

Registration is open! You’ll be able to register for a session 2-3 business days after paying your enrollment deposit. To register you will need your 9-digit URI student ID number.

Session 1: June 6 – 7

Session 2: June 9 – 10

Session 3: June 13- 14

Session 4: June 16 – 17

Session 5: June 20 – 21

Session 6: June 23 – 24

Session 7: June 27 – 28

Session 8: June 30 – July 1

Cost

• If you’d like to arrive the night before your session, there’s a $20 fee for early check-in.

Common Questions

Do I have to come to the first few orientation sessions to have the best selection of classes?
No. Students who attend later orientation sessions have the same opportunity to choose courses as those who attend earlier sessions.

What if I am not sure what I want to major in?
No problem! We encourage you to meet with advisors in the area that most interests you.  If undecided, you will meet with advisors who specialize in working with undeclared students.

What about Advanced Placement (AP) scores?
AP scores are discussed at orientation in one-on-one appointments with your advisor.  We understand that your most recent AP scores may not be available at this time. Please instruct the College Board to send your AP scores to URI.

Can I arrive the night before?
Yes. Early arrival check-in will take place at Barlow Hall and Weldin Hall between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m the evening before your scheduled session at an additional $20 cost.
Learn about family accommodations ยป

Can I leave early?
Students are required to stay until 4 p.m. on the second day of your session.

How can I change my scheduled session?
Just log back into the online registration system. You can make changes up to 48 hours before your session begins.

**Please allow 14 business days for electronic check refunds**