fall2014newsletter

Dean’s Message

Dear Colleagues:
As I participated in the commencement ceremony for the URI College of Pharmacy Class of 2014, I couldn’t help but think back to my own 1982 graduation from URI.  That diploma from over three decades ago proved to be quite valuable. Over the years, I have realized that the value of that degree from URI is not so much a function of the quality of my University back in 1982, but a reflection of the quality of our programs and our graduates NOW.

The metrics we use to measure the quality of the URI College of Pharmacy are exemplary.  They are generally well above the national averages and place your College among the best in the country. The 99% pharmacy board pass rate of the last 4 pharmacy classes, the near-universal employment rate at graduation, and the top-25 ranking of our research program all enhance the value of your degree no matter what year you graduated.
I would like to thank all of you who have contributed to this effort.  Whether you serve as a preceptor for our Pharm.D. students, coordinate an industry internship for a B.S. in pharmaceutical sciences student, pledge to the College of Pharmacy annual fund, serve on a College committee or represent us as a leader in our profession, you contribute to enhancing the quality of our students and in so doing, the value of your degree.
Finally, I do want to ask you to use the form in this newsletter to share your stories and repeat my invitation to visit with us in Kingston, particularly if you have not toured the new building.  The coffee pot is always on!

Paul Larrat, Ph.D.
Interim Dean and Professor