“When I graduated I really thought my skillset was tailored towards a more lab-based position, but as I spent more time in the industry I realized I knew a lot about the process of what it takes to make a good study... my current role is a really nice extension of the BSPS program”
Maddie Adams

Topics Covered

• Working on fast paced Oncology projects at Pfizer
  • How the BSPS Program gives you experience of multiple stages in the drug development process
  • Participating in Internships while studying in the BSPS program
  • Preparing your resume, cover letters, and job/ grad school applications with our Experiential Education Coordinator Erin Edmonds.

Madison Adams, B.S.P.S ’18 – Pre-Clinical Study Manager, Kymera Therapeutics

Maddie Adams graduated from URI with a BSPS in 2018. After graduating, she started working as an Associate Scientist in a Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics lab at Enanta Pharmaceuticals in Watertown MA. After 6 months she moved into a study coordinator position where she was working with contract labs to manage outsourced studies. At the end of 2020 Maddie started a new position at Kymera Therapeutics, as the Preclinical Study Manager. Here she works to manage the preclinical studies that support many compounds in their robust pipeline, including Toxicology and DMPK studies. Since graduating, she has also obtained a Masters in Regulatory Affairs in Drugs, Biologics and Medical Devices from Northeastern University.

More Alumni Interviews