Pharmacy Class of 2026 welcomed to profession during White Coat Ceremony

Check out a gallery of photos of new pharmacy students receiving their white coats, reciting the Oath of a Pharmacist

More than 100 new University of Rhode Island College of Pharmacy students officially entered into the field of pharmacy Oct. 14 as they donned their white coats for the first time.

Pharmacy Dean Paul Larrat welcomed the students and their families in a packed Edwards Auditorium Friday afternoon, welcoming the students into their first professional year of pharmacy training.

Three at a time, the students crossed the Edwards stage as fellow students helped them into their lab coats for the first time, before Professor Kelly Orr led them in the Oath of a Pharmacist:

“I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:

“I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my primary concerns.

“I will promote inclusion, embrace diversity, and advocate for justice to advance health equity.

“I will apply my knowledge, experience and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for all patients.

“I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.

“I will accept the responsibility to improve my professional knowledge, expertise and self-awareness.

“I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.

“I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.

“I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.

“I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”