The Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs serves as URI’s Chief Academic Officer, and has overall responsibility for:
Enhancing and ensuring quality teaching and learning, promoting engaged research, scholarship, and creative work, and supporting transparency, shared governance, and meaningful service and outreach within the University and beyond.
- Advancing Interdisciplinary Learning and Discovery across the University
- Ensuring Student Access, Affordability, and Academic Success
- Strategic Allocation of Resources and Faculty Excellence
- Global Partnerships and International Programs
- Active e-Learning via Technology-enhanced Pedagogy and Online Programs
The Office of the Provost works collaboratively with the University Deans and the Faculty Senate to promote high standards and celebrate a culture of achievement among students, staff, and faculty through implementation of URI’s Academic Plan, Innovation with Impact, its Strategic Vision, and the University’s Mission.
The Provost oversees all Colleges, the University-wide Honors Program, University Libraries, Information Technology Services, and the Offices of Admission and Enrollment Services. In addition, the Office has responsibility for academic budgets and planning, global strategies and partnerships, faculty development and advancement, and enhancing diversity and equity across the institution.