EL RINCON DOMINICANO

A long-time participant in the education and training programs of the RISBDC, Paola launched her successful Comida Criollo-style restaurant in the Upper South Providence neighborhood at the beginning of the pandemic. The work had just begun when Paola lost her business to a fire that started in an abutting residential unit a week later.

Over the last 18 months, Paola, with the support of the RISBDC, has worked to recreate documents lost in the disaster. Paola purchased a property on the National Register of Historic Properties with a loan provided by the Providence Business Development Loan Fund. Originally known as The Central Diner, this building was most recently a Dominican-style restaurant, providing Paola with a solid foundation for rebuilding her restaurant.

With the continued support of the RISBDC, Paola eventually received her certificate of occupancy and celebrated the restaurant’s grand reopening in early August. 

“Just when I thought I had lost it all, Maggie and Manuel stood by my side, giving me the support I needed,” Paola said. “They went above and beyond to make sure I got my business back.”

EL RINCON DOMINICANO

777 Elmwood Ave, Providence RI 02907 401.919.5129 https://www.instagram.com/el_rincon_dominicano/