Tu voz es Musica

The question on Yaneth Caecido’s mind was, “Can I duplicate the success I’ve enjoyed in my native Colombia now that I’m living in the United States?” Accolades and awards came easily to Yaneth in Colombia while singing, instructing and organizing muscial production recordings and performances. Duplicating this success with only limited English would be challenging.

Things never go the way you think they’re going to, but Yaneth adapted and managed to build a successful business in Pawtucket, RI. Located in a largely Spanish speaking neighborhood, Yaneth expected her clientele to be Spanish speakers. To her surprise, her early success was built on English speaking customers. The music was all that was needed to build a brisk following of happy music students.

Hard work, a personal cash investment and a loan from the Pawtucket Business Development Corporation has enabled Tu Voz Es Musica to buy the equipment needed to compete. The RISBDC assisted her in obtaining the loan. Yaneth said of the SBDC, “[It was a] very good experience. I like working with the SBDC. Dennis [McCarthy] and Lina [Echeverry] have been very helpful.”