The Transportation and Parking on-demand ride-sharing program is available NOW. Download the TransLoc app to request an on-demand ride.
Reading & Exam Day Rhody Safe Rides Extended Schedule
December 13th -20th
|Monday – Friday||3:30 pm-1:00 am|
|Saturday & Sunday||6:00 pm-1:00 am|
Rhody Safe Rides will resume staring January 21, 2024 for the Spring 2024 semester.
Good luck with your exams and Go Rhody!
Great news! Due to popularity, we have extended the Rhody Safe Ride hours.
This service is available from Monday through Friday 5:30 p.m. – 1 a.m., Saturday and Sunday 6 p.m. – 1 a.m. on the URI Kingston Campus, Emporium and to/from the Kingston Train Station. If you need a Rhody Safe Ride outside of these hours, please contact: 401.874.SAFE.
Rhody Safe Rides uses a smartphone app for riders to schedule customized curb-to-curb trips. A small environmentally-friendly van or shuttle bus will pick up riders and drop them off wherever they wish to travel within the service boundaries. Along the way, the van may pick up other passengers who also request a ride.
How it works
The program will be implemented in partnership with our campus shuttle provider Transdev and TransLoc. Download our mobile app to request a ride!
- Download TransLoc from the app store
- Select the “Settings” tab
- Tap “Login”
- Tap “Login with University Account”
- Scroll to University of Rhode Island
- Enter your URI SOS credentials
- Follow the prompts to set up a username
- Select the “OnDemand” option on the lower menu bar
- Scroll left or right to find the University of Rhode Island, then request your ride!
You can download instructions here.
After hours, Rhody SafeRide/SafeWalk will be provided by URI Police Officers or URI Security. Community members utilizing this service may be escorted by foot or in a vehicle. Safety and security are our primary concerns at the URI Department of Public Safety.
- Rhody SafeRides after hours (Weekdays Midnight – 7:30 a.m., Saturdays Midnight – sunrise and Sundays 1 a.m. – sunrise) will, in most cases, be conducted as a Rhody SafeWalk. Please notify dispatch when you call if you have recently been exposed to or diagnosed with Covid-19.
- SafeRide/SafeWalk transports students, faculty and staff anywhere within the Kingston campus.
- CALL 874-SAFE (7233)
- Please have your Student ID or Faculty/Staff ID Number available when calling.
SafeRide/SafeWalk is a service provided to all members of the URI community as a safe and free alternative to walking alone after dark. These rides are only for health/safety issues and are not to be abused.