This task force shall review the vision and goals of the Academic Plan in its entirety and develop recommendations for improved processes and structures that will enable and promote interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate programs, research, and scholarship.
Specifically, the task force should
- Identify existing programs, practices, processes, and/or existing incentives on which URI can enhance its interdisciplinary activities and reputation through leveraging and investment.
- Consider practices, processes, incentives, and structures that should be implemented that will result in greater ease in advancing interdisciplinary endeavors.
- Recommend clear guidelines to address potential disciplinary versus interdisciplinary conflicts in tenure, promotion, or evaluation across academic units.
- Examine and recommend the process and requirements related to faculty appointments towards fostering joint appointments, including primary and secondary appointments.
- Determine the barriers to interdisciplinary work and make recommendations to address or remove them.
- Draw on an examination of approaches at other universities and existing approaches and success stories at URI to address the foregoing.
- Interdisciplinary Solutions Task Force Fall 2011 Final Report
- JCAP Report on Interdisciplinary Solutions Task Force May 2011 Final Report
- Interdisciplinary Solutions Task Force Fall 2010 Final Report
- Interdisciplinary Solutions
- Draft for the May 4th meeting
- First Meeting Discussion
- Email responses to the first set of questions
- Second set of questions
Task Force Members
|Lynn McKinney, Chair||HSSfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Art Gold||CELS||Natural Resource Science|
|Carlos Garcia-Quijano||A&S||Sociology & Anthropology|
|David Bengtson||CELS||Fisheries, Animals, & Vet Science|
|Dean Libutti||Vice Provost, Enrollment Services|
|Elaine Finan||Student Learning Outcomes Assessment & Accreditation|
|Jody Lisberger||A&S||Women’s Studies|
|Ken Smith||College of Business Administration|
|Laura Meyerson||CELS||Natural Resource Science|
|Pete August||CELS||Natural Resource Science|
|Sherry Williams||A&S||Art & Art History|
|Stephen Kogut||PHARM||Applied Pharmacy Sciences|
|Walter Besio||EGR||Elec, Comp, & Bio Engineering|