Disability Services for Students
Disability Services for Students, in the Office of Student Life, works with students and all units of URI to foster an inclusive, welcoming, and accessible environment. We work with you, our students, to support your academic success, independence, and self-advocacy.
What Disability Services can do for you:
- Help you with your academic success.
- Encourage an on-going relationship with this office!
- Meet with you each semester to support your problem solving.
- Meet with you each semester to assist you in arranging reasonable accommodations and other necessary supports.
- Advise you about communication with your professors.
- Help you learn about yourself and equal opportunity for all students.
- Help you develop effective coping strategies like time management, study skills, stress management, navigating the campus, etc.
- Connect you to career choice and career development resources.
- Assist you with identifying appropriate resources on campus.
- Help you connect with student groups working towards greater campus awareness of disability, diversity, and civil rights.
We work by appointment, so please call 401-874-2098 if you would like to meet with one of our counselors.