Apply for Housing
First Year and Transfer Students
Note: Check the Housing and Residential Life calendar for important dates and deadlines.
Step 1: Pay Deposits
Incoming first year and transfer students must pay the Enrollment Deposit with Housing. Please allow three business days for these payments to be processed by URI. If you have any questions about the Enrollment Deposit please contact URI Admission at email@example.com.
Step 2: Complete Housing Application in E-Campus
Once you have been accepted to URI, registered for e-Campus access, and paid the Enrollment Deposit, you may complete the application process by visiting Student e-Campus.
Once logged into e-Campus:
- Log into MyHousing;
- Select the “Applications” tab;
- Select and complete the “Freshmen Student Application”;
- Finally, follow the link provided to Dining Services and complete and submit a Resident Student Meal Plan application.
Students who miss the application deadline will not receive a guarantee of on-campus housing in one of the University’s residences.
Step 3: (optional) Request Roommates
Once you have completed the housing application, you can request other eligible first year students as roommates. Note: it may take up to 24 hours for an eligible student to appear in the roommate selection tool. Log in to your MyHousing Account through e-Campus.
- Log into MyHousing;
- Choose “Room Selection” tab;
- Choose “Roommate Selection” from the menu;
- In the search box, find an eligible incoming freshmen to add as a roommate;
- Choose the name of the student who you want as a roommate;
- Press the “Continue” button.
First year students may ADD, DELETE or CHANGE roommate requests until the first year housing application deadline. Only eligible roommates appear in search results.
Roommate requests must be reciprocal. This means that the roommates you select must also select you and any other person in the room to create a “fully matched group”. To be certain that your roommate group is “fully matched” please check your MyHousing account.
URI is committed to accessibility for all residents. Learn more about Undergraduate Housing Accommodations.