RN to BS Academic Advising
Welcome to the College of Nursing! Please use the guidelines below to begin your journey at the University of Rhode Island.
- Once admitted, you will receive a welcome letter from the College of Nursing. Be sure to review the letter in its entirety as it contains important information that will aid in your transition into the online program.
- View your Transfer Credit Report by logging into e-Campus and following this path on your homepage: (Top Left) Main Menu>Self Service>Transfer Credit>Transfer Credit Report. You can also view your transfer credits by looking at your unofficial transcript: (Top Left) Main Menu>Self Service>Academic Records>View Unofficial Transcript.
Curriculum and Registration
- Look at your curriculum sheet: Curriculum sheets are very useful documents, providing you with the road-map for your major. They should be used and updated regularly as you complete coursework. Be sure to follow the curriculum sheet for your program, RN to BS Online. You can fill in your curriculum sheet with the courses you have completed.
- Use this how-to guide to learn about registering for courses: http://web.uri.edu/enrollment/registration-help/.
- View the course schedule below to make sure you are registering for the correct courses in the session you would like to take them. We recommend that you take course sequentially and be mindful of pre-requisite courses.
- ***Please Note: Students in the RN-BS accelerated online program can only take online courses approved in the program. Students cannot travel abroad nor can they participate in J-Term or on-campus courses.
- Progression through the College of NUR: Requires a C (73%) or better in all NUR courses and a minimum 2.20 GPA. Students are allowed to repeat a single NUR course as outlined in the dismissal policy.
- Dismissal Policy: Performance below a grade of C (73%) in any 2 nursing courses will result in dismissal from the College of Nursing.
- Sakai is the platform for your online courses.
- Once registered for courses, visit http://web.uri.edu/learningonline/online-learning-orientation/ begin your Online Learning Orientation.
- You will be added to a Sakai Site for the courses you are registered for, which will appear on your Sakai home page (see and example below).
Nursing Courses Textbooks
- You can see the required textbooks for all nursing courses here:Nursing Courses Textbooks. RNBSBooks.
URI ID Cards
- ID cards will be mailed to you when you have registered for your first class.
- Do not come to campus to get an ID card, online students must wait for ID cards to be mailed to them.
- If you do not receive an ID card after registering for classes, please call the Office of Enrollment Services at 401-874-9500.
Important Dates and Deadlines
- As you progress through your courses, be sure to keep in mind the important dates and deadlines found here: http://web.uri.edu/enrollment/academic-calendars/.
- Questions about deadlines, financial aid, billing, and records can be directed to http://web.uri.edu/enrollment/online-programs/Enrollment Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
- See a list of FAQs here: Frequently-Asked-Questions.