The University of Rhode Island & Rite Aid Pharmacy PGY1 Community Residency
- Clinical Associate Professor
- Office: 244N
- Phone: 401.874.5734
- Mailing Address: 7 Greenhouse Road, Kingston, RI 02881
Applications accepted through the PhORCAS application portal, http://www.ashp.org/PHORCAS
$47,476 (not including staffing wages)
Our resident will experience a rich, fulfilling 12-month program, focusing on community practice, ambulatory care and academia.
The purpose of our residency is to provide our resident with the skills and knowledge necessary to become an exemplary community pharmacist, demonstrating professional maturity and a personal philosophy of excellence. Our recent graduates will have developed the clinical, analytical and leadership skills necessary to function as a clinical practitioner in a community pharmacy, ambulatory care setting, or pursue a PGY2 residency.
Learning Experiences include:
- Patient Care in Community Practice at Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Ambulatory Care/Transitions of Care with the Visiting Nurse Service
- Academic Teaching at the University of Rhode Island
- Clinical Management with Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Drug Information with the University of Rhode Island
- Global Health with the Timmy Global Health Organization in Guatemala
At the completion of the residency, our resident will have achieved trainings and certifications in diabetes, cardiovascular disease, Medication Therapy Management, teaching and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.