Participation in student organizations is a vital component of the College of Pharmacy experience, and B.S.P.S students are encouraged to get involved in organizations and programs that support their interests and professional goals.
American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS)
Developing Science. Impacting Health.
The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists is the national professional society for pharmaceutical scientists.
B.S.P.S. Student Club
- Eligibility: B.S.P.S. students
- Mission: The BSPS Student Club organizes social events so all students in the program can get to know each other better. It also arranges peer tutoring for those students who may need it. In addition to tutoring, the club offers its members resource materials such as study guides, review sheets, notes, and textbooks. The group has monthly meetings, with plans to meet more often in the future.
- Contact: President Anthony Grecco
Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International (CPFI)
- Eligibility: All pharmacy students, regardless of class (PharmD and BSPS)
- Mission: Our mission is to grow spiritually as Christian Pharmacists while promoting fellowship among Christian pharmacists, pharmacy students, and families; to provide the resources and expertise needed to encourage and promote the integration of Christian principles and standards within the practice of pharmacy. CPFI activities include the giving tree, bible studies and planning the Jamaica Mission Trip!
- Contact: President: Nicholas Leung
International Society for Pharmacoepidemiology (ISPE) Student Chapter
- Eligibility: All Pharmacy Students (including graduates, PharmD, and BSPS)
- Mission: The ISPE Student Chapter is dedicated to educating students in the conduct of pharmacoepidemiologic research, promoting student participation in ISPE activities, and encouraging collaboration between students, faculty members, healthcare practitioners, and decision-makers.
URI Pre-Health Professions Advisory Program
The Pre-Health Professions Advisory Program at the University of Rhode Island was established to assist students in preparing for entry into graduate-level professional schools in the human health sciences upon completion of their degree at URI.