Students in the Secondary Education program take a professional sequence of courses as well as courses in the appropriate academic specialization (secondary certification major). Secondary certifications are offered in biology, chemistry, general science, physics, English, modern languages, social studies, history, and math. This degree leads to an initial teaching certificate for grades 7-12 in the area of specialization.
Curriculum Sheets for Specializations
Major Entry Requirements
- If you are not admitted to a teacher education program via the Teacher Education Scholar Program (TES), you’ll need to submit an application to the School of Education’s teacher education program during your sophomore year.
- In addition, meet the following conditions before applying:
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 and a GPA of 2.50 within your specialization/content area;
- Complete EDC 250;
- Complete EDC 102 and 312 each with a grade of C or better;
- Meet the admissions testing requirements for teacher education programs as described