The Academic Testing Center subscribes to professional standards and guidelines of the National College Testing Association and the URI Student Handbook (p. 12).
As part of our commitment to integrity excellence we:
- Operate in a diligent manner to promote honesty, integrity, and fairness in all procedures.
- Operate under the guidelines of equal opportunity, affirmative action, and the ADA, as well as other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Protect the integrity of the test by following appropriate exam handling and storage procedures and by ensuring vigilant proctoring.
- Protect the confidentiality and rights of privacy of examinees and staff, defined by FERPA and other regulations
- Employ staff absent of conflicts of interest, such as administering tests to family members, being involved in test preparation or coaching activities, etc.
- We support and enhance the Academic Affairs Agenda for Change (3.2) by ensuring that search processes aggressively build diverse pools and that the selection and interview processes fully recognize the qualifications and contributions of candidates of color and lead to increased diversity of our staff.
- The Academic Testing Center utilizes video surveillance as an observation and recording tool. In cases of suspected breach of academic integrity, the ATC will bookmark the recording, consult with a supervisor, and immediately contact the faculty member. The student will complete the exam unless information is being transmitted. All exam materials and any prohibited materials will be returned to the instructor with an incident report.
- Video surveillance footage of the incident will be made available to faculty and administrators as necessary and appropriate.