The Academic Testing Center (ATC) administers paper-based assessments in a supervised location on behalf of University faculty for students who need make-up exams and/or those with a Letter of Accommodation through Disability Services.
It is the responsibility of faculty to determine if a student has a University approved absence, according to Chapter 8 of the University Manual, and/or if they have a Letter of Accommodation from URI’s Disability Services. Students should provide faculty with documentation directly, not bring it to the ATC. It is the ATC’s role to administer exams, not determine eligibility.
Ready to submit a request?
If you are a first-time faculty user or have questions, see “How do I submit a request for student(s) to use the ATC?”
PROCESS FOR USING ACADEMIC TESTING CENTER (ATC)
For a printable graphic of this process, click here.
- Student presents need to faculty
– Make-up for an excused absence, per URI manual
– Disability Services approved accommodation
- Faculty requests & views documentation
– Make-up exams: doctor’s note, athletic excuse form, death certificate, or other approved documentation
– Letter of Accommodation from Disability Services
- Faculty submits online request
– Faculty creates account via link on uri.edu/ATC/faculty (first time users only).
– Account activated by ATC within 1 business day (faculty notified by email when this is complete).
– Faculty submits request via link on uri.edu/ATC/faculty. Exam can be uploaded at a later date.
– Faculty notify students to register with ATC.
– Exam will be approved for student registration within 1 business day.
– Through account, faculty can view submission, upload exam, see students who are scheduled, and more.
- Student schedules testing session
– Schedule online via link on uri.edu/ATC/students.
– Scheduling is on a first-come, first-served basis.
– Online scheduling available up to 24 hours in advance of testing appointment time. If within 24 hours, contact ATC for assistance.
– If there is no available testing session during the date range provided by the instructor, the student must immediately contact their instructor to make alternate arrangements.
- Student completes exam at the ATC
– Faculty receives email regarding completion of exam, prompts them to pick up completed student exam at ATC.
- Faculty picks up exam in person
– ATC staff will check photo ID upon pick-up.
– Faculty can designate TA’s to pick up.